ProofCafe is an online proofing and review collaboration software for creative teams to upload & share creative content such as advertisement banners, flyers, posters, hoarding likewise illustrative as well as brochure and videos, etc. Creative agencies/design firms and marketing agencies use ProofCafe to invite reviewers, clients to view creative content and collect their specific, contextual feedback and get the proof approved.
As you will start using ProofCafe you can kiss goodbye to confusing emails threads of review comments or proof version; nor you have to print hard copies of proof or attach/send soft copies of proof overtime new version is created. Thus you can get past the traditional processes of review/proofing of creative content. ProofCafe improves designer-reviewer collaboration and significantly reduces rework to deliver creative design, marketing message faster to the market.
Basics of #UsingProofCafe – How to Upload a New Version of a Proof
This post covers the next step for creative designer/ graphics designer to upload newer version of the proof and it will be shared with reviewers and client for approval using ProofCafe. You will find answers to following questions.
- How does a designer/content creator upload new version of a proof?
- How will reviewers be informed about new version of a proof?
- How will user know about latest version of a proof?
- How to access older version of a proof?
- What happens to review comments entered for previous version of a proof?
How Does It Work?
ProofCafe provides an simple and intuitive user interface for designers to upload creative content in images, video and PDF format. Based on the feedback received from reviewers, designers can correct, improve, change the design and upload a new version. It gets shared with reviewers and clients for further review. This process significantly improves collaboration and clarity of communication to deliver the work faster.
Let’s find out answers to above questions about #UsingProofCafe – How to Upload a New Version of a Proof.
How does a designer/content creator upload new version of a proof?
Answer in just three words: Internet ready browser.
Creative designer/Graphics designer simply login to ProofCafe using internet ready browser. Once logged in s/he can open desired project and locate the specific proof in that project. Clicking on three dots in the top-right corner of the proof will display options as shown below. User can click on Upload New Version option to select desired file and thus upload a new version of the proof.
How will reviewers be informed about new version of a proof?
The moment new version is uploaded to ProofCafe, reviewers and approvers are notified automatically. An email is sent to all observers, reviewers and approvers that contains link to the newly uploaded file.
How will user know about latest version of a proof?
In the first place, users such as observers, reviewers and approvers will receive email notification as mentioned above. Beside email notification, when they will access the project and look at the proof information box, they will see the latest version number of the proof. Clicking on the proof, will take them to view the latest proof file uploaded by the designer.
Accessing older version of a proof
ProofCafe maintains older versions the proof as well as the comments made. So accessing older version of the proof is not a big deal. Simply open the proof and click on the version dropdown box, select desired version of the file. Users will be able to view the older version of a proof.
Review comments entered for previous version of a proof
As mentioned above, older version of the proof as well as the comments made to those versions are retained in ProofCafe. Thus when you open the older version of the proof, you can view all the review comments made to that version. However you will not be able to add new comments to the older version. You can add new review comments only to the latest version of the proof.
Why should you use online tool to manage multiple version of your creative contents (proof)?
Online review and approval software ProofCafe offers solid benefits to designer as well as reviewers. It is an online proofing software platform for creative content review and collaboration that allows for designers to easily upload new improved version of flyer, ad banner, hoarding, pdf or video. A single platform to share creative content, gather review feedback, manage multiple versions along with comments made to those files is indispensable for marketing teams. It greatly helps them in terms of marketing compliance.
Advantages of #UsingProofCafe
- Centralise your creative media content for proofing as well as the review process to deliver your creative work faster to the market
- Manage multiple versions of creative media content without loosing review comments made to those. Reviewers and clients clearly know about the latest version of the creative content uploaded and they can easily compare changes between two different version of a proof
- Everyone will save considerable time and cost because
- Easy annotation controls which will help reviewers to provide specific & contextual review comments the latest version of the proof
- Content creator such as creative/ graphics designer will easily know exact feedback & s/he can make improvement, upload & share a new version
- You will see almost real time communication and collaboration is more structured and contextual
- Lesser misunderstanding and no need of frequent rework leads to higher productivity
Do sign up for ProofCafe beta to get hands-on experience and together improve the proofing process.